Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Finally was able to post some pics.
These first two are from the photo shot I recently helped my sis with.
I was the lighting guy.


This is the group from our Iowa Bible Bee. I'm the tall one about in the middle between the two windows.


13 comments:

  1. Nice! So, how many siblings do you have?!? And where are you going to college, I see that it mentions that on your profile!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mika- Looks like you've put a lot of work into the site. Good job. As far as the movies go I don't watch many so I wouldn't be a good judge of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanessa- I've got nine siblings.(Four older and five younger) I haven't joined a college yet. I'm still looking. But I have taken quite a few CLEP tests and earned up about 60 credits. I'm going to be doing online college.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey daniel,
    you said your the tall one in the middle?
    and how tall would be tall? in other words how tall are you?!
    just curios.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Anon,
    You writing a book about me? Naw just kidding. You said you're from CA. I was born in LA. Last time I checked I'm 6'3". I'm the tallest in my family. But my Dad's about 6' and my oldest brother is pretty close to my height.

    Now a question from me and I would really apprecite it if you could answer. Are you a guy or girl?
    just curios.

    ReplyDelete
  6. daniel,
    i am a guy, and i was going back on your blog and saw that caleb (your own age) was taller then you on some photos?!
    c'mon i want some honesty here, i'm just wondering how tall you are:)

    p.s. i'm 15 and i'm 6'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's awesome, nine siblings! I have four siblings, and it's really nice, because action is always occurring! Oh that is so cool that you are doing CLEP tests! I have started doing them this year as well, my older brother started two years ago, and a few other friends of ours. Wow, 60 credits and you're only 17! That's awesome! I just started last month when we started school, so I'm a senior in high school and will be taking my first CLEP this coming week. I'm doing Analyzing and Intrepreting Literature! It's quite hard, and yet I'm studying like crazy. So, what college will you be enrolled in online?! Also, are you still taking CLEP tests?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr. Anon- Don't worry I'm being completely honest. I am 6'3" and I am the tallest. What you were refering to in the pics was evidence of a major problem I have. I have terrible posture most of the time so I'm not standing up straight. Hope that clarifys.:)

    Vanessa- Hope you do well on your first CLEP. What do you mean action is always occuring? Our house is so quiet. Everyone just does what they're supposed to and dosn't bother anyone else.:) No I'm totally kidding. I have four younger brothers so it's VERY unusual for there to be any quiet other than when we're all sleeping.:) But sometimes it still isn't quiet.:) I actually havn't decided on an online college yet. But I'm kinda headed for American Intercontinetal University. They seem to be the best suited for my degree and all. I'm getting a degree in Business Administration. Should be fun. What are you getting your degree in?
    And do you have any sugesstions for online colleges?

    Thanks for commenting.
    In Christ,
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh and yes I am still taking CLEPS. I've just slowed down some because we're so busy. My last one I actually failed.:( It was a big ouch cause I got 49 (50 is a passing grade). But you live and you learn.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I'm still debating and thinking what I should major in. I've been thinking of business management for some time, because doing that as a mom someday out of my house would be perfect! I will enroll within CollegePlus! Have you heard of them? My brother is in it right now, as well as many other friends we have. You should check it out. This is how we heard about CLEPS, getting the basics outta the way, and then once that is done you begin your degree at 80 credits, until 120 and then you got a BA in whatever degree! It's hard because of the CLEPs! When did you start taking CLEPS? How long did it take for you to get 60? And when did you finish high school?? Wow, after so many credits you'd think you'd actually have it down, and then still failing one, that is hard to accept! I'm so nervous to actually take my first one this Thursday. My nerves are already jumping up and down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes I've heard of College Plus. I didn't go with them mainly because I'm more of a do it yourself type guy and the main thing they offer is coaching. If you're going with them you will likely be attending Thomas Edison State College. I started taking Cleps about two years ago. I just recently reached the 60 credits. I have been taking the credits off and on over the past two years. I usually take the sample tests from the CLEP Official Study Guide and if I score high enough then I go ahead and take the test. This last one was kinda strage that I failed it but I guess I just didn't study enough. I wouldn't worry too much if I was you about your upcoming test. I took the English Comp test and it wasn't too hard. I think if you do alot of reading it makes it pretty easy. I actually havn't finished high school yet. This is my last year. Since I'm homeschooled I have certain requirements to meet. I can understand about being nervous about the first test. I remeber I was when I went for my first one. It really helped that the test administrator was really nice. You said it's on Thursday? I'll be sure and pray for you especially that the test enviroment will be agood one.
    In Christ,
    Daniel Turack

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Daniel,

    Actually, I will not be taking my CLEP anymore. It's quite humiliating. I have been studying for five weeks now, and thought that I finally was getting a hand of the material. Nevertheless, last week I took a practice test and passed it pretty well. I was really excited about that fact, and then had one more to go for the extra practice. I took that one yesterday and completely failed it! :O I was completely speechless and didn't know what to think about it. I kinda blew it right off, but that was the last practice test I could take, because I have taken them all. I have taken a total of 6 practice tests, read the REA book approximately 2 times, some sections about 5 times, went over all of my practice tests, why I missed some of the problems, etc., and only passed one outta 6! Thus, there is absolutely nothing else that I can study, I have done it all, and am totally clueless and blank! Therefore, I'm gonna step back for about a month, and pick up another CLEP and study for it. I'm quite frustrated because it was my first one and I was at least hoping that I would pass it! I'm not ready for the actual CLEP and if I would take the risk I more or likely would fail it. So, I started Introductory to Sociology this morning, and am now really wishing for better results. I will pick up Analyzing and Interpreting Literature in a few weeks again, it's just quite upsetting. Anyways, just letting you know that it all changed! :)

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well Vanessa I know how hard it is for plans to change. This past week we were preparing for trip to Malawi, Africa in January. My sister and her family are ministering over there as missionaries.We planned to visit them for about three weeks. We had our passports and had the airline tickets reserved. But just this Monday Victor (my brother-in-law) was invited to the Sufficiency of Scripture 2009 Conference in Cincinati Ohio. So instead of us going over to Africa we're going to go and see them at the conference. So the change of plans was kinda hard. Anyway hop your studying goes well.:)
    InChrist,
    Daniel Turack

    ReplyDelete