Friday, February 19, 2010
Are you a contrast?
"The brightest day will create the darkest shadows." How true this is in the spiritual realm. The brighter we shine as Christians, the greater the contrast will be between us and the world. Light dispells darkness, not vice versa. Darkness is merely the absense of light. So if the world seems like a dark place, than perhaps the Christians need to shine more brightly and create more of a contrast. If the world looks at us and the only differance they see is that we dress differantly (maybe), and go to church (sometimes), then what is there to draw them? "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify you Father who is in heaven".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks Adam. Yeah that was just something I came up with when I was trying to think of something to put. It was the only way I could think of to get it to be poetic.:)
ReplyDeleteHello!
ReplyDeleteI think many have the false impression that being different is being weird. My opinion: being different from the world is NOT being weird! I realize it can be difficult to always feel as if you're the odd one out...I know firsthand how hard it can be. But, the point isn't doing what pleases yourself, it is doing what is pleasing unto God. We as Christians should, in every aspect, reflect Christ and His love for us. When you know you have done what God would want you to do, it doesn't matter what the majority thinks of you. The Lord gives us joy and peace in knowing we've done what is right. Thanks for this post, it has really set me thinking. I wholeheartedly agree with it...we should all try to shine brighter for our King, no matter how difficult it may be! -A.B.
"Darkness is merely an absense of light. So if the world seems like a dark place, then perhaps Christians need to shine more brightly and create more contrast". What an amazing quote. I totally agree with this post. I mean, why should people even look at us, let alone admire us if we just blend in to the world?
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Grace
That's a neat way to think about it!
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting :)
Thanks for commenting everyone.
ReplyDelete@ A.B. ~ Wow your comment was almost as long as my origonal post.:) Great thoughts, Thanks.
@ Grace ~ Yes it is always a struggle not to merely blend in. But at the same time we should not be different just to be different if you know what I mean.
No, we shouldn't be different just to be different, that would be self-righteous of us and kind of "holier-than-thou". If we're going to be different, it should be because God calls us to be different from the world, to be like Christ.
ReplyDeleteYes, I agree with Grace and you as well. We shouldn't be different just to be different. We should be different because of Christ. To let the love of Christ shine through us as a testimony to others of what the Lord has done for us!
ReplyDelete-A.B.